Dec 9, 2021
We have long time podcast listener Mark Floyd on the show with us today to talk about some of his recent elk hunting experiences out in Wyoming. We’ll talk more in detail about his background shortly, but Mark is from Georgia and has only really gotten into hunting during the past few years. We’re going to talk about how Mark ended up going on those elk hunts, the story of each trip, what he thought about hunting elk with the 6.5 Creedmoor vs the 300 Win Mag, some lessons he learned along the way, and what the future holds for him.
Show Sponsor: Go to HuntingGuns101.com and sign up for my free E-Book to also receive the my weekly ammo supply updates I send out to people that live in the United States.
Learn the essential information about practical ballistics, hunting firearms, and ammunition that will improve your odds of success on future hunts by purchasing the Hunting Guns 101 training at huntingguns101.com/form.
Best 6.5 Creedmoor Rifles– 6.5 Creedmoor Hunting Rifle Recommendations
Best 300 Win Mag Ammo– 300 Win Mag Hunting Ammo Recommendations
Best 300 Win Mag Rifles – 300 Win Mag Hunting Rifle Recommendations
Best Muzzleloaders For Hunters – Muzzleloader recommendations for elk hunting
Best Muzzleloader Scopes For Hunters – Muzzleloader scope recommendations for elk hunting
1) Story of Mark's first elk hunt in 2019.
2) Story of Mark's recent elk hunt in 2021.
3) What firearm set-up he used on each hunt.
4) Pros and cons of the 6.5 Creedmoor vs 300 Win Mag for elk hunting.
5) Recommendations for hunters like Mark who want to go out west to hunt game like elk, mule deer, or pronghorn.
6) What the future holds for Mark.
1) Mark's Personal Instagram Page
2) Visit the show notes page to see photos of Mark with his 2019 and 2021 elk.