Dec 16, 2021
I just got back from my sandhill crane hunt out in west Texas and I’m happy to report that I had a great trip. In addition to telling the story of this hunt, I’ll share some insights into what crane taste like, and the potential reason why they taste so darn good in this episode. You'll also learn how it all got started with a chance encounter I had with Steve Rinella many years ago.
Show Sponsor: Go to HuntingGuns101.com and sign up for my free E-Book to also receive the my weekly ammo supply updates I send out to people that live in the United States.
Learn the essential information about practical ballistics, hunting firearms, and ammunition that will improve your odds of success on future hunts by purchasing the Hunting Guns 101 training at huntingguns101.com/form.
1) How a chance encounter with Steve Rinella in 2014 eventually led to this sandhill crane hunt.
2) How I chose this particular outfitter and what equipment I used on my hunt.
3) Story of how the hunting went on Saturday and Sunday.
4) What sandhill crane taste like and why they have such a distinctive taste.
Purchase the Hunting Guns 101 online training and you'll learn the essentials of practical ballistics and what firearms, sighting systems, cartridges, and ammunition you should be using on your future hunts to improve your odds of success afield.
You will also learn things like:
2) Check out Siembida_Custom_Knives on Instagram.
3) Learn more about the new Mossberg 940 Pro shotguns here.
4) Learn more about Winchester DryLok ammunition on their web site.
5) See photos and video of this hunt by following @TheBigGameHunter_ on Instagram