Nov 11, 2021
Steve Speck from Exo Mountain Gear is on the show today to talk to us about his recent bighorn sheep hunt in Idaho. That hunt was quite the adventure and really tested the limits of human endurance, but he got it done and tagged a great looking sheep on his hunt. In this episode, we’re going to talk about how Steve drew that tag, the story of his hunt, some lessons he learned along the way, and what the future holds for him.
Show Sponsor: Go to HuntingGuns101.com and sign up for my free E-Book to also receive the my weekly ammo supply updates I send out to people that live in the United States.
Learn the essential information about practical ballistics, hunting firearms, and ammunition that will improve your odds of success on future hunts by purchasing the Hunting Guns 101 training at huntingguns101.com/form.
1) Introduction to Steve Speck.
2) General discussion of the tag situation in Idaho and how Steve drew his tag.
2) What Steve's mindset was going into this hunt.
4) Story of Steve's bighorn sheep hunt.
5) The rifle set-up Steve used to kill that sheep.
6) Discussion on essential gear for a bighorn sheep hunt.
7) How this bighorn sheep hunt was different from Steve's recent Dall Sheep hunt in Alaska.
Purchase the Hunting Guns 101 online training and you'll learn the essentials of practical ballistics and what firearms, sighting systems, cartridges, and ammunition you should be using on your future hunts to improve your odds of success afield. Go to huntingguns101.com/form and submit the order form to receive instant access or go to huntingguns101.com/order to learn more about the training.
1) Exo Mountain Gear Instagram Page
2) Check out The Hunt Backcountry Podcast that Steve co-hosts with Mark Huelsing on Apple Podcasts