Jun 3, 2021
Click the link below to see photos of Ron from some of his moose hunts.
Show Sponsor: Please make sure you’re subscribed to the Big Game Hunting Podcast. It’s free to do so, you’ll get all my future episodes delivered to you every Thursday when they come out, and subscribing really helps me out with the podcast algorithms to reach other hunters who are searching for this sort of content. So, pause this episode right now and then hit that “Subscribe” button on whatever podcast service you’re listening to.
1) Brief overview of moose: what a moose is, where they live, and an overview of the different sub-species.
2) Where Ron has hunted moose.
3) What sort of terrain moose live in and an overview of the different methods people use to hunt moose.
4) Equipment Ron thinks is important for success on a moose hunt.
5) What sort of bullet performance is necessary for good results on moose.
6) The cartridges and specific bullets Ron recommends for moose.
7) Important considerations on what shots you should and should not take when hunting moose for best results with recovering the animal.
8) Ron's advice to prospective moose hunters.
2) RonSpomerOutdoors.net – Ron's web site.
3) A Starter Rifle For New, Small-Framed, And/Or Recoil Shy Hunters - Article I wrote for Ron Spomer Outdoors.