Feb 18, 2021
Click the link below to see photos from Joseph's caribou hunt.
Show Sponsor: Head over to goHunt.com and sign up for an INSIDER membership to get the information YOU need to craft a plan to fulfill your dream hunt out west. Use promo code BIGGAMEHUNTER when you sign up to get $50 in store credit at their gear shop.
1) Why Joseph decided to go on a solo backcountry caribou hunt in Alaska.
2) Brief overview of his hunt.
3) A few interesting facts about caribou.
4) What rifle, cartridge, and ammunition he used on his hunt and how it performed on that caribou.
5) A brief overview of some of the struggles he dealt with on his caribou hunt.
6) Things Joseph wishes he'd done differently on this hunt.
7) A few pieces of advice for other hunters interested in hunting Alaska.
GoHunt has some of the most comprehensive information available anywhere on where to go to hunt iconic western animals (like mule deer, pronghorn, and elk). They specialize in providing information necessary on how to draw the necessary tag, and what hunting tactics work best in specific areas.
I’ve used goHUNT for the past several years with great success and cannot recommend them highly enough. With their help, I’ve been able to find and draw “hidden gem” tags in several different states that there’s no way I would have known about on my own.
Check them out at goHunt.com and Use the promo code “BIGGAMEHUNTER” when you sign up for a new INSIDER membership to get $50 in store credit at the goHUNT gear shop. So, not only will you get the most up to date western drawing odds, but you’ll also get a discount on some good quality hunting gear to go along with it.